Monday 25 May 2015

Chemo: Round 7 of FOLFOX



So my neutrophils came back up, they were a bit borderline at 1.42 (they normally like neutrophils to be at 1.5 before giving chemo). But seeing as I'd already been deferred a week and was free of any signs of infection, my oncologist decided to go ahead with my infusion.

After a lot of soul searching, and quite a lot of tears from my mother, I've decided to carry on with my chemo. I guess the biggest question was the "What if". If I didn't carry on with my chemo and the nasty ended up coming back in a few years, would I look back to now and kick myself for not giving myself the best chance? Probably. Apparently I'm easily guilt-tripped by my family.

Overall, not feeling too terrible this cycle. The peripheral neuropathy is pretty intense in my fingers and toes. Nausea and acid reflux ever present, but I find the more I sleep in the first few days after my infusion, the quicker I seem to recover.

Roll on mid week when my bestie comes to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment