Sunday 17 May 2015

This week I've been...

I've not been up to an awful lot actually. Hubby had planned on taking me on a day trip to the Lake District but with me being neutropenic, we abandoned those plans.

After going to S Club 7 last week and staying over at my friend's house, we saw how lovely his spare room was and that inspired us to redo our bedroom! When we moved in 5 years ago, we did it on pretty much a student, shoe-string budget the the room was in dire need of an upgrade.

Spot the dog....
We managed to re-paint in one day, re-arranged the furniture and hubby put up new curtains. That was a bit of a trial as the wall was a structural wall and our drill wasn't up to the job! Luckily, one of our neighbours has a hammer drill and kindly let us use theirs. As you can see, we still have a painting to go up on the wall. There's also a couple of bits of furniture coming from Ikea. All in all a much more grown up bedroom and I'm rather proud of us! Next to tackle the spare room...or the dumping ground as we've taken to calling it!

I did also go to the gym last week. Before the whole cancer thing I was a little bit of a gym bunny, couple of classes a week and a couple of gym sessions. Unsurprisingly, having chemo and surgery kinda gets in the way of these pursuits, but my lovely chemo nurses referred me for exercise so I basically get personal training sessions for very little money. I use the council gym anyway, so got personal training sessions with my Body Pump instructor who I've known for about a year, so that was lovely...kind of like hanging out with a mate but I'm sweaty and out of breath! It felt really good to get back into the gym as it's something I really enjoy. It's really important to me to keep trying to do things I enjoy and the gym used to be a huge part of my life and its a part that I desperately want back. Unfortunately, not long after my session I got the news that I was neutropenic and so I haven't ventured back to the gym yet. But at least I've started and once my neutrophils come back up, hell and high water won't be able to keep me away! If there's one positive thing to come out of all this, I really appreciate my body more and how it's come through surgery and getting me through chemo.

Have a great week and fingers crossed for my neutrophils coming back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment