Friday 1 May 2015

Home Cooking: Spicy tomato and Prawn Tagliatelle


I'm in no way a "foodie". I enjoy fine dining or a cheeky Mcdonalds equally, just depends on my mood.

I do however, really enjoy cooking. I want to be "the mum that bakes the best cookies". (Did I mention I had issues about always wanting to be the best?)

This is one of my absolute favourite meals, it's quick, easy, fresh and relatively fuss free. I can get it on the table in about 20 minutes.



So simple yet completely satisfying. I usually serve with garlic bread because my husband loves the stuff, but this time I had an olive ciabatta loaf hanging around, so that was my accompaniment. Probably quite high on carbs for those of us still on waging a war on carbs, but I believe that moderate portion sizes are key and probably won't do me any harm.

Following in that theme, this was our dessert.

Cappuccino torte from Waitrose
I am lucky enough to have a lovely neighbour who looks in on me when I'm feeling poorly and brings me nice treats. This is a cappuccino torte courtesy of Waitrose (one day when I make more money than I do now, all my food will be from Waitrose...or Booths...but then I'd have to pretty much be a millionaire).

I just had Cycle 6 of chemo yesterday, so at the moment I can only dream of such lovely food. Feeling not too bad really, a lot of muscular pain and poor appetite, generally fatigued, but definitely not the worse I've felt so can't complain too much!

Here is my obligatory chemo selfie
Cycle 6 of FOLFOX

Incidentally, this nicely brings me to the halfway point of my chemo! The final countdown has begun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment